International case study: 1919 Liquor Retailer
The technology behind esLabels has been installed across 1919's network of liquor stores (733 in total across China).
The decision to implement an electronic pricing system was based on:
- Head office controlled operations
- Omni-channel model - synchronising online and offline
- Ability to expend quickly whilst ensuring brand consistency
- Increased efficiency for staff to find products to fulfil online orders
- Ability to have QR codes on each product providing more information to customers, such as ratings and reviews.
Head office controlled operations
1919 utilises a unique franchising model, the investor only invests the initial costs of opening a store and 1919 does all the management and operations. This model keeps consistency across the stores, in pricing and visual display. However to implement such a model they required the help of a digital pricing system, so that head office could gain complete control over each stores product pricing and promotional displays.
Omni-channel model - synchronising online and offline
Through the acquisition of another online liquor brand 1919 became one of the biggest online liquor platforms in China. Leveraging their huge online and in-store presence, 1919 wanted to adopt a seamless omni-channel approach. Again electronic shelf labels were absolutely crucial to the successful implementation of the omni-channel model. Only with digital pricing can you ensure that each and every product price is the same online, as in each of the 733 stores.
- 1919 can complete the fulfilment of online orders in 19 minutes.
- Complete consistency of pricing, product information and promotional activity, across online, and the 733 stores, throughout 31 different Chinese provinces.
- 1919 has become China’s biggest omni-channel liquor brand and the 3rd biggest liquor platform after Tmall and Jingdong.
"Only with digital pricing can you ensure that each and every product price is the same online, as in each of the 733 stores."