Auchan Retail Group founded in Lille in north of France in 1961, is the second largest retail-based business group in France. Auchan is a Fortune 500 Global organization, operating in 17 countries through more than 4000 stores. As a world leading retailer, Auchan aims to create a better consumer experience in the store environment through optimizing technology and retail solutions.
They went about doing this by partnering with Hanshow who are a leading provider in electronic shelf labels and related Omni-channel solutions.
The strategic partnership with Hanshow and Auchan is a global exclusive agreement for the ESL supply to all stores in the group. The first store - My Chevreau has been installed, and together with the local partner Instore Solution, and Hanshow the installation was completed in only 3 days. The newly installed My Chevreau store utilizes the highly interactive ESL in order to pursue a better consumer experience, optimize the store management processes and enrich its marketing capabilities.
June this year, Auchan launched the first BingoBox store (a 24hr store without any staff) in Shanghai, the store covers a footprint of about 15 m2 and offers food and non-food items, with a total of ~500 SKU in the store. Hanshow ESLs play an indispensable role by enabling all-smart paperless operations and price updating through a one-stroke backend system operation, thus allowing price consistency and synchronization both online and offline.
Customers shop in the Bingobox by following this process-
- Scan QR code via WeChat or Alipay at the door entrance to enter the store, the person is then identified.
- Products are chosen, and all products are fitted with RFID tags, which means that all the customer needs to do when they come to pay is scan their purchases (5 products maximum) on a self-service till, which identifies each product and calculates the total owed.
- Self-help cashier using an intelligent detection system detects the products.
- Customer pays with phone using QR code.
- Departure from store, once a 360 Intelligent Guard System has recognized the customer and everything they are carrying.
Auchan Retail plans to apply Hanshow ESL in its proxy, supermarket and hypermarkets in succession.
As the new retail movement is gaining traction, the industry is particularly in need of new technology and applications. Focusing on customer concerns and challenges, Hanshow provides competitive solutions and services, delivers on its commitment to customer success and seizes the opportunities of change brought about by the new retail mindset, in an effort to bring ESL more in line with the current trends of retail industry in terms of hardware, software and solutions.