It is challenging for a traditional retailer to attract online consumers. However, 1919 Liquor stores have combined their online flow with their offline stores, and have achieved great success in the Omni-channel retail model.
1919 own 733 offline liquor stores in more than 300 different cities and 31 provinces. The distribution network of the 733 stores have made it possible for 1919 to complete the delivery in 19 minutes. Therefore, 1919 becomes China’s biggest Omni-channel liquor brand and the 3rd biggest liquor platform after Tmall and Jingdong in China.
1919’s services are focused on providing decent prices, good quality, rich categories and fast delivery, which is why it has been developed so quickly in recent years.
- Prices - Unlike traditional wine sellers, 1919 deals directly with wine producers and sells at reasonable prices to end-users.
- Quality - The procurement staff make selective choices by dealing directly with the producers. Each bottle sold at 1919 has its own QR code for identification and the source can be found easily through the code. This process ensures the quality of the liquor.
- Rich Categories - 1919 has 17 years’ experience in the liquor business and have an expansive source of suppliers. There are more than 7,000 SKU’s on 1919 platform and the number is continually growing.
- Logistics - When 1919 receive an order, the system will refer to the nearest store to execute the delivery. The distribution of the offline stores plays a role by selecting warehouses near consumers.
Unique Franchising Model
Omni-channel applications are considered crucial when it comes to saving operational costs and ensuring fast delivery. Therefore, 1919 have the opportunity to expand quickly. In order to have better control in quality and services, 1919 have created a new type of franchising model. The investor only invests the initial costs of opening a store and 1919 does all the management and operations. This model keeps consistency in management, services and operations amongst all stores.
How To Work Omni-channel
In November 2015, 1919 acquired another online liquor brand and became the biggest online liquor platform in China. A complete Omni-channel process was built by applying smart retail solutions after the acquisition.
1919 also set up its own delivery department in order to control costs.
One of the benefits of this model is that it requires less cash flow to expand whilst closely controlling the store operations.
In May 2015, 1919 signed an agreement with Hanshow Technology for the provision of Hanshow ESL’s to all its stores. The two parties agreed to create a big data platform together in order to provide better services via data analysis.
The advantages of using the Hanshow ESL solution in 1919 liquor stores:
- Synchronizes online offline prices, smarter shelf management and improves efficiency for staff to find products for orders.
- QR codes on ESL’s allow customers to get more information about products. This enables more interaction with consumers and better buying experiences.
- Saves unnecessary marketing costs and always gives the right information.